Moving to a new space or expanding your current space can be very exciting. However, it can also be very stressful. There are so many things to keep track of; securing permits, moving equipment, the list goes on and on.
At Supreme Security Systems, we understand how stressful this time can be, so we put together our top tips for securing your business or organization during your move or expansion.
Keep up security standards.
When you are moving there can be a steady stream of people coming and going from both your new space and your current one. Contractors, movers, delivery people and employees may all be in and out of a space on any given day.
All of this activity can pose a number of safety and security issues:
- Doors left open or unlocked
- People in places they should not have access to
- Increased opportunities for theft or property damage
Luckily, there are a few simple things that you can do to mitigate these potential problems:
- Make sure someone you trust is on hand at all times to supervise any contractors, movers, inspectors or delivery people and keep an eye out for suspicious behavior. They can also show visitors out, locking up and setting alarms as they leave. Taking extra precautions like these is especially important if you don’t have the ability to control your security system or view video surveillance feeds remotely.
- When you are moving things can get a bit hectic. If you are packing or unpacking, there might be boxes of valuable items left scattered around in different places. Or if there is construction being done on your space, there might be expensive equipment that if left somewhere unlocked or unattended, is a target for thieves. Be diligent and ensure that valuable items are locked up and out of sight.
Optimize the security of your new space.
Moving to a new building is the perfect time to spend some time evaluating your security needs and asking a lot of important questions, like:
- Are you able to move your current security system to the new location? If so, do you want to keep everything the same or are there aspects that you would like to change? If not, what will you do to keep your new space safe and secure?
- Do you even want to move your old system at all? Perhaps it doesn’t really meet your needs anymore or it will be very expensive to move the system.
- Or do you want to start from scratch and get a new system and a new provider?
Whether you are moving into a space that has an existing system, or one that needs an entirely new system, we can help. Our security systems are easy to adapt and scale according to the changing security needs of your space. If you would like to learn more about what we can do for your new space, contact us today!